Part Seven •
31. Frank McCourt’s twin brothers are named
Stan and Oliver
Oliver and Eugene
Padraic and Peter
Malachy and Michael
Sean and Shamus
32. For what is Anaïs Nin best known?
Her theories of psychoanalysis
Her affair with Antonin Artaud
33. E.B. White shared an office at the New Yorker with
34. Which of these is a work of fiction?
Travels with Alice
Travels with Charley
Travels with Mr. Brown
Travels with My Aunt
Travels without My Aunt
35. Which of these is a work of nonfiction?
The Voyage of the Beagle
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Seven Voyages of Sinbad
Around the World with Auntie Mame
Voyage into Violence
Answers appear at the bottom of the following page.
Answers to Part Six
26. Feckless, Graceless, Pointless, and Aimless. The bull’s name is Big Business.
27. The hero of Le Grand Meaulnes devotes years to searching for what he calls “the lost domain.”
28. All of the above. Gabrielle Sidonie Colette was among the most beloved French writers of all time; her death in 1954 was an occasion of national mourning.
29. In 1895, Wilde was convicted of gross indecency and sentenced to two years’ hard labor.
30. Nancy lives with her father, attorney Carson Drew, and their housekeeper, Hannah Gruen. Her mother is dead.