Part Twenty-One •
101. Jerry North makes his living as a
102. Which of these authors does not appear as a fictional detective in mysteries by another writer?
Daphne du Maurier
103. The nine tailors in a Dorothy Sayers novel are
Queen Elizabeth’s dressmakers
a network of spies
a sequence of church bells
knots used in ship’s rigging
a group of convicted criminals
104. At her ancestral home of Buckshaw, who does Flavia de Luce feel closest to?
Her sister Ophelia
Her sister Daphne
Dogger, the manservant
Mrs. Mullet, the cook
105. 221B The Esplanade, St. Kilda, is the residence of
Answers appear at the bottom of the following page.
Answers to Part Twenty
96. Wilbur’s life is saved thanks to the words “Some pig” appearing in a spiderweb above his pen.
97. During the 1920s, Sylvia Beach sold and lent books to many aspiring writers on the Seine’s Left Bank.
98. In The Importance of Being Earnest, Algernon Moncrieff invents Bunbury, “an invaluable permanent invalid,” to give him an excuse to go to the country when it pleases him.
99. Allegra Byron died at the age of five.
100. Elspeth Huxley was married to Aldous Huxley’s first cousin.