Part Sixteen •
76. Why did oncologist Bernie Siegel shave his head?
To show his solidarity with cancer patients
To look more distinguished
To win a bet
To symbolize the uncovering of spirituality
He didn’t shave it; he’s naturally bald
77. The Artful Dodger’s specialty is
playing third base
throwing his voice
78. What book did George Santayana consider the best work of philosophy written by an American?
The Grapes of Wrath
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Varieties of Religious Experience
79. “Sweet Millard Fillmore on a bicycle” is the preferred oath of
Jade del Cameron
80. Who is the Mystery Cat?
The Cat in the Hat
The Cheshire Cat
Puss in Boots
Answers appear at the bottom of the following page.
Answers to Part Fifteen
71. James Joyce, William Wadsworth, and George Orwell all preferred to write in bed.
72. Eudora Welty, James Baldwin, and H.G. Wells were all left-handed.
73. George Bernard Shaw, Franz Kafka, and Upton Sinclair were all vegetarians.
74. Josephine Tey, Muriel Spark, and Sir Walter Scott were all natives of Scotland.
75. Isaac Asimov, Shirley Jackson, and Hans Christian Andersen all suffered from agoraphobia.