Part Ten •
46. Which is these is not a mystery writers’ award?
47. Jane Austen’s life span most closely parallels that of
Louisa May Alcott
48. The 1983 song “Tea in the Sahara” derives its title from which book?
Seven Pillars of Wisdom
The Sheltering Sky
The Singing Sands
49. The first thing Bridget Jones writes in her diary each day is
her dreams from the previous night
Daniel Cleaver’s name
two lines of poetry
a list of affirmations
how many calories she has consumed
50. Who recommends believing impossible things?
The White Queen
Winnie the Pooh
Answers appear at the bottom of the following page.
Answers to Part Nine •
41. Pansy O’Hara is the name Margaret Mitchell first assigned to her main character, later rechristened Scarlett O’Hara. Frankly, my dear, we don’t give a damn.
42. “I only wish I could.”
43. Armistead Maupin is the author’s real name.
44. During an epic storm at Tilling, the pair are carried off by flood tides while clinging to a kitchen table.
45. The foppish gentleman who has come to symbolize the New Yorker magazine is usually shown peering at a butterfly through his lorgnette.