Part Eighteen •
86. With what region is John Steinbeck most closely associated?
The Mississippi Delta
The Great Lakes
The Florida Keys
California’s Salinas Valley
87. Vish Puri’s preferred female operative is known as
88. What did Shakespeare’s will leave to his wife, Anne Hathaway?
His gambling debts
His unfinished manuscripts
The future income from his plays
The second-best bed
89. You would expect to encounter Borrowers in books by
L. Frank Baum
90. Which actress won a National Book Award for her memoirs?
Answers appear at the bottom of the following page.
Answers to Part Seventeen
81. Adela Quested and Lucy Honeychurch and are the principal female characters in A Passage to India and A Room with a View, respectively, both written by E.M. Forster.
82. Following his narrow escape, Tom tells Huck Finn he wished he’d had “some of these newfangled things they call lucifer matches.”
83. The supposed anarchists in G.K. Chesterton’s classic tale make themselves as inconspicuous as possible by dressing like everyone else on a London street.
84. The plot of Cyrano de Bergerac revolves around the title character’s uncommonly large nose.
85. While working in a bookstore, I was taught to recognize gothics by their ominous-looking covers featuring women in period gowns fleeing from sinister habitations. The formula still holds true today.